Sunday, June 24, 2012

Starting over

Today is the day I start over. I start over with my health and making it a priority in my life again. It was easy to do that when I lived in Kansas. I had a great support system with a head cheerleader anyone would want. She motivated me and challenged me on a daily basis to stay on track or to do better. I miss that the most here in Iowa. I don't have that constant rallying cry in my ear on a daily basis and I miss it. Now I find myself having to motivate myself and to keep myself on track. I will have to dig down deep to get it done, but I will put my best foot forward.

We are headed to the golf course now to play 18 holes before the heat sets in. This afternoon, I will head to the YMCA to get my free week pass so I can start my membership next month. There are a lot of gyms to choose from in Des Moines, but I feel the Y will be my best choice. I get bored easily with my workout and there are many different things to choose from to keep me entertained. I also began to take supplements under the guidance of my chiropractor. She is a great lady who treats the whole body. We shall see what changes I can make in the two weeks time.

I am ready to get back on track with my exercise and eating right. I know I feel better and act nicer when I am working out on a regular basis. I hope anyone that reads this will support me on this journey and be my cheering section.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to share the insights of your chiropractor? Mine has been very supportive and has assisted with my transition off of my cholesterol medicine.

    With that change alone, I have lost 15 pounds and can now move again. Next, I am working on the creaking knees so that I can really get up and moving. Life is grand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically, it is getting me hydrated enough and building cell health. She has me doing fish oil, magnesium and a couple of other things to help with joints and muscles. I do this for 2 weeks and then she will repeat the test to see how I am doing. She then wants me to detox (don't know about that one yet) but she is really a help with the supplements. I just started, so we shall see how it goes!

      Delete