Thursday, June 28, 2012

Irony

There are times in life that you see things that just make you go hmmmm? To me, that is what irony is all about. You see something that makes you stop and think and maybe start a discussion about what you saw. These discussions work best when there is someone to discuss with, but when all else fails, you can just talk in your head. Today I saw one of the most ironic things I have seen in awhile. I got a free 7 day pass to on of the YMCAs here in Des Moines. The one I have chosen to go, is at Mercy Hospital's Wellness and Rehabilitation Center. This particular Y is geared toward rehab, physical therapy and adults. They offer day care, but you don't see the "younger" people hanging around. (yes, I sound very old right now) Anyway......as most people know, you go to the Y to work out, exercise, maybe lose some weight. Right? As you leave this particular Y, you pass by the Mercy Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Center. Does that seem odd to anyone else but me? At one side of the building you go to walk, run, lift weights, swim; and on the other side you walk in a door and they perform surgery to help you lose the weight. Irony!


No comments:

Post a Comment