Sunday, July 1, 2012

Goal Setting

I haven't always been very good with setting (and keeping) goals. I get bored easily and if I don't see progress toward the goal, I give up instead of powering through. When I started my journey over a year ago, I met with a wonderful life coach who helped me set some short term goals that would help lead me to the long term goal. Now that I am "on my own", I am going to have to set my short term goals and figure out what my long term goal is. My long term goal came to me last night and this morning. I have always wanted a motorcycle. (I know if my family is reading this, the eye rolls have begun!) I don't know why, but I love the thought of having a bike and riding to different places. I have come up with many excuses as to why I have not worked on making this dream a reality, but now, I am ready to work on it. Before I will entertain having a motorcycle, I need to get this old body in shape. I know I don't have the arm strength or the core strength to ride a motorcycle. I also know I don't have the available funds to pay for one. So, what can I do to make this happen? First comes the short term goals:

1. To purchase a YMCA membership (happening tomorrow)
2. To work out 5 times a week.
3. Three workouts each week will include weight training.
4. Eat out only 1 time per week.
5. Take the money I would have spent eating out and save it.
6. Continue the above steps until strong enough to handle a motorcycle and can afford one.

The first four steps will be years in the making. I know I won't become stronger overnight nor will I strike it rich to be able to run out and buy right away. I need to keep my eye on the finished product and it looks something like this:



I know - ambitious right? If I want it, I must work hard for it. Keep sending positive thoughts my way and someday I will see you out on the open road!!!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! From moped to motorcycle, there truely are worse goals. Just wear a helmet and remember to call home. Ride on!

    ReplyDelete