Saturday, July 7, 2012

Working toward my goals

Last week I set some short term goals for me to work on this week. So far, so good....with the exception of goal 4 - to eat out once a week. Man, that is a HARD one!!! Why? Because I can't say no very well. I really need to work on that one, but sometimes it is easier to go grab food somewhere than to prep, cook and clean up at home. I know it is probably due to laziness - but it also has to do with being tired. Working all day and then hitting the gym for my workout leaves this old girl ready to collapse in a heap. Mace is busy with play practice most nights and even though he is thoughtful enough to cook something for supper before he leaves, it is easy for me to put that in the fridge for lunch the next day and head to a restaurant with the kids for food I don't really need. This is a goal I will continue to work on and struggle with, but I hope to do better in the near future. As for the other goals, if I feel myself giving in on my workout, I picture that motor-trike in my head and hit the weights for another set. Next week, I hope to start some pool workouts, but first I have to buy a new swimsuit. That will be a wonderful shopping experience I am sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment